Metallica christening Berlin's O2 arena
One of two budget concerts set for Europe
LONDON -- Metallica is set to play two budget shows in London and Berlin to launch the album "Death Magnetic," including the opening show at the new 17,000-capacity O2 World arena in Berlin. Tickets will go on sale to registered fans only for 10 pounds ($14).
The Berlin show is set for Sept. 12, the global release date for "Death Magnetic." The album will be released on Warner Bros. Records in the U.S.
"We're really excited that in Berlin this will be the very first event at the brand new arena," the band writes in a posting at Metallica.com.
Metallica also will play London O2 arena on Sept. 15, and tickets are priced 5 pounds ($9). Proceeds from both shows go to local charities.
Ticket details will be confirmed later this week, though the sale will be open only to members of the fan club and Mission Metallica sites.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR