Metrodome Acquires Brit Horror 'The Reverend' for U.K. and Ireland
The low-budget thriller stars Rutger Hauer and Tamer Hassan and is directed by Neil Jones from his own script.
LONDON – British low-budget horror movie The Reverend, starring Rutger Hauer and Tamer Hassan, will look to scare up box office in the U.K. and Ireland via AIM-listed indie distributor Metrodome.
The U.K. based distribution banner said it plans a limited theatrical run for the movie from August 3 this year having snapped up U.K. and Irish rights.
The deal was negotiated for Metrodome by head of acquisitions Joel Kennedy and Metrodome acquisitions manager Giles Edwards with the film’s producers Neil Jones and Stuart Brennan.
The movie, directed by Jones and also including Brennan in the cast, details the story of a freshly-trained reverend posted to a rural idyll to work who finds all is not as rosy as it looks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game