Mexico Developing Heist Movie with 'Kick-Ass' Producer (Exclusive)
Project reunites 'The Debt' producers Eduardo Rossoff and Kris Thykier.
GUADALAJARA, Mexico -- Mexican director-producer Eduardo Rossoff is developing a $10-million English-language heist movie with Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier.
Thykier's PeaPie Films, Rossoff's Changos Volando and Spain's Media Films are co-producing. Rossoff is directing the picture, which revolves around an elaborate robbery gone awry. Husband and wife team Adam Marcus and Debra Sullivan (Conspiracy) penned the script.
Initially dubbed Gravity, producers must come up with a new title because it would conflict with an upcoming sci-fi release of the same name by Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron.
Rossoff said casting is under way and production is expected to begin by year's end in Mexico City. Goldcrest in on board for financing and international sales.
This marks the second time that Rossoff and Thykier have teamed up. Previously, they partnered to produce the thriller The Debt, from Oscar-nominated director John Madden (Shakespeare in Love).
Rossoff is at the Guadalajara International Film Festival this week to present his sophomore feature, the romantic thriller Sangre de Familia (Family Blood).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR