MGM Developing 10-Episode 'Vikings' Series
The Irish-Canadian co-production marks the studio’s first original TV programming after emerging from bankruptcy last year.
MGM is teaming with Camelot and The Tudors duo Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan on a 10-episode drama series, Vikings.
The project, which MGM will distribute in the U.S. and abroad, will revolve around the Scandinavian warriors. The series is the brainchild of Hirst, who co-created Starz’s Camelot and created Showtime’s The Tudors.
Hirst will likely be the predominant writer on the series, which will follow the Vikings’ exploits from the late 8th to mid-11th century and revolve around Viking hero Ragnar Lodbrok.
Hirst will executive produce with O’Sullivan and producers/managers Sherry Marsh and Alan Gasmer. Production is scheduled to start next year at O’Sullivan’s new studio facility in Ireland.
Vikings will be an Irish-Canadian co-production with MGM financing the cost outside of Canada and Ireland.
The project marks the first original TV program after MGM’s emergence from bankruptcy last year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR