MGM Lays Off Dozens of Staffers Friday
MGM laid off dozens of staffers Friday in its Los Angeles-based theatrical distribution, marketing and post-production departments.
About 50 employees were let go, and the layoffs were part of the studio's reorganization plan which was approved by bankruptcy court earlier this month.
MGM is currently waiting for final sign-offs on its new credit facility that would allow it to exit bankruptcy and resume operations. The company expects to arrange $500 million in financing.
The restructuring plan appoints Spyglass Entertainment co-toppers Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum as co-CEOs of MGM, which filed for "prepackaged" bankruptcy reorganization on Nov. 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR