MGM Names Ken Schapiro Chief Operating Officer
The former co-founder and managing principal of Qualia Capital LLC starts immediately, co-chairmen and chief executive officers Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum announced Monday.
Ken Schapiro has been appointed chief operating officer of MGM, effective immediately, Co-Chairmen and Chief Executive Officers Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum announced Monday.
"Ken’s background, experience and proven track record make him an undeniable asset to MGM. We believe his skills and energy will be integral in helping us build the new MGM," said Barber and Birnbaum in a joint statement.
“While it is difficult to leave the business I co-founded with my partner Amir Malin, returning to an operating role to work with Gary and Roger at the new MGM from this early stage is too exciting a challenge to pass up,” said Schapiro.
Schapiro is the co-founder and a managing principal of Qualia Capital LLC. Before co-founding that company in 2003, he was President and Chief Operating Officer of Artisan Entertainment.
Read the full release after the jump.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR