Mia Wasikowska, Olivia Williams Join David Cronenberg's 'Maps to the Stars'
Newcomer Evan Bird is also on board the indie about celebrity obsession in Los Angeles, which previously cast Julianne Moore and John Cusack.
TORONTO - Mia Wasikowska, Olivia Williams and Evan Bird have joined the cast of David Cronenberg’s thriller Maps to the Stars ahead of a July shoot in Toronto and Los Angeles.
Newcomer Bird will play a troubled, drug-addicted child star, while Williams will play his manipulative mother, and Wasikowska his disfigured, schizophrenic, fame-obsessed sister.
The trio join Julianne Moore, John Cusack, Robert Pattinson and Sarah Gadon who were earlier cast.
Longtime Cronenberg producer Martin Katz and his Prospero Pictures shingle are partnering with Entertainment One to finance the ghost story and critique of celebrity-obsessed Los Angeles.
The film is being produced by Katz and SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd.
Sentient Entertainment's Renee Tab, Cronenberg's manager, will executive produce.
Entertainment One’s Benedict Carver is also executive producing and will oversee the film for the producer, with Integral Films’ Alfred Hurmer co-producing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game