Mia Wasikowska in talks for 'Restless'
Plays title character in upcoming 'Alice in Wonderland'
Mia Wasikowska is feeling "Restless."
The teen actress, who plays the title character Tim Burton's upcoming "Alice in Wonderland," is in final negotiations to star in Gus Van Sant's next project, the dark coming-of-age drama "Restless" that's set up at Columbia and Imagine. Wasikowska would mark the first casting in the pic.
The Australian actress had previously been contemplating a part in Robert Redford's post-Civil War drama "The Conspirator" before opting for the van Sant pic. Both films are scheduled to begin shooting this fall.
A number of actresses had been in the mix for the lead role in "Restless," which delves into the complex tale of a teenage boy and girl who share a preoccupation with mortality. Producers are out to actors for the male lead.
Bryce Dallas Howard is producing "Restless" with her father, Ron Howard, and Brian Grazer. Rookie scribe Jason Lew, with whom the younger Howard went to film school, penned the screenplay, developing it from a play he wrote.
The WME- and RGM-repped Wasikowska also co-stars in Fox Searchlight's Amelia Earhart biopic "Amelia" and had a role in Edward Zwick World War II drama "Defiance" earlier this year. She came to prominence with her turn as the troubled teenager Sophie on HBO psychotherapy drama "In Treatment."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR