Michael Bay on CES Snafu: 'I Guess Live Shows Aren't My Thing'
The "Transformers" director explained the technical mishap that prompted him to leave the stage at the Las Vegas event.
"Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES -- I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP’s intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down -- then I walked off. I guess live shows aren’t my thing," Bay wrote.
But rest assured, Bay ended the post saying that the footage would still be seen internationally: "But I’m doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world."
Bay was supposed to appear at CES to discuss Samsung's Ultra HD TV and preview exclusive footage from the upcoming Transformers 4.
After being introduced by Samsung Electronics America president Tim Baxter, Bay began talking about how “Hollywood is a place that creates a viewing escape,” before indicating that there was a problem with the teleprompter and saying he would “wing it.”
It wasn't long before Bay exited the stage.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR