Michael Bay Lists L.A. Property for $13.5 Million
The mega-producer lists another Los Angeles home.
Mega producer Michael Bay is on a selling spree. Last year, he sold a Santa Barbara home which he had owned since 1997 for $4.9 million. Now, he’s listed another estate located between Bel Air and Holmby Hills, reports real estate blog Redfin.
The 8,000-square-foot, four-bedroom home was designed by the late architect Jack Warner, whose firm also designed the Bel Air Country Club as well as a wing of the Santa Barbara Museum. With unobstructed views of the L.A. basin, the home has a state-of-the-art theatre, wine cellar and outdoor dining areas. Bay, who has directed and produced blockbusters such as the Transformers franchise, purchased the home in 1999 for $5.16 million.
So why the sell off? Insiders are citing his almost completed Bel Air mega manse as the reason. Bay purchased that home for $10.9 million in 2009, tore it down and started construction on what is now a 30,000-square-foot home, a fitting home base for the filmmaker. Designed by Oppenheim Architecture + Design, the contemporary home features a large theater and a movie prop museum while "two master bedroom modules hover above," according to the architect’s web site.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!