Michael Bay Lists L.A. Property for $13.5 Million
The mega-producer lists another Los Angeles home.
Mega producer Michael Bay is on a selling spree. Last year, he sold a Santa Barbara home which he had owned since 1997 for $4.9 million. Now, he’s listed another estate located between Bel Air and Holmby Hills, reports real estate blog Redfin.
The 8,000-square-foot, four-bedroom home was designed by the late architect Jack Warner, whose firm also designed the Bel Air Country Club as well as a wing of the Santa Barbara Museum. With unobstructed views of the L.A. basin, the home has a state-of-the-art theatre, wine cellar and outdoor dining areas. Bay, who has directed and produced blockbusters such as the Transformers franchise, purchased the home in 1999 for $5.16 million.
So why the sell off? Insiders are citing his almost completed Bel Air mega manse as the reason. Bay purchased that home for $10.9 million in 2009, tore it down and started construction on what is now a 30,000-square-foot home, a fitting home base for the filmmaker. Designed by Oppenheim Architecture + Design, the contemporary home features a large theater and a movie prop museum while "two master bedroom modules hover above," according to the architect’s web site.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)