Michael Bay to produce 'Heatseekers'
Director's Platinum Dunes handling project for Paramount
Paramount has picked up the original action screenplay "Heatseekers" from rookie scribe George Mahaffey. The deal was in the mid-six figures.
Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes, which signed a first-look deal with Paramount last October to make lower-budget genre pictures, is handling the project. Dunes execs Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing along with Bay, who is not attached to direct.
In the mold of "Fast & Furious" and "Point Break," "Heatseekers" follows a young ex-military pilot who infiltrates a gang of aerial "pirates" working out of Bangkok and takes part in an elaborate tower heist using powered gliders and parachutes.
Paramount exec Liz Raposo is overseeing for the studio.
Repped by Paradigm and Generate, Mahaffey is an attorney-turned-screenwriter who has sold an original pitch to Thousand Words and worked on an action feature script for producer Arnold Koppelson ("Se7en").
Platinum Dunes has its "Nightmare on Elm Street" re-boot scratching its way into theaters Friday via Warner Bros. The company most recently produced "Horsemen," "The Unborn" and a "Friday the 13th" remake.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing