Michael Berger Joins DGA as Assistant Executive Director in New York
Among his duties, he will be involved with the guild's network, live and taped TV agreements.
Michael Berger is joining theDirectors Guild of America as assistant executive director in the guild’s New York Offices. He will be involved in the negotiation and administration of the DGA’s network and live and taped television agreements and will also oversee all issues related to associate directors, stage managers and production associates on the East Coast, including serving as staff liaison to the AD/SM/PA Council East. He will report to associate national executive director/Eastern executive director Russell Hollander.
Announcing Berger’s appointment, national executive director Jay D. Roth said, “With his labor relations experience, he will be an excellent representative and advocate for our East Coast members, particularly in advance of major contract negotiations next year.”
Prior to joining the DGA, Berger worked as a field attorney at the National Labor Relations Board in New York, where he investigated and litigated unfair labor practice charges and conducted representation hearings and elections.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR