Michael Berger Joins DGA as Assistant Executive Director in New York
Among his duties, he will be involved with the guild's network, live and taped TV agreements.
Michael Berger is joining theDirectors Guild of America as assistant executive director in the guild’s New York Offices. He will be involved in the negotiation and administration of the DGA’s network and live and taped television agreements and will also oversee all issues related to associate directors, stage managers and production associates on the East Coast, including serving as staff liaison to the AD/SM/PA Council East. He will report to associate national executive director/Eastern executive director Russell Hollander.
Announcing Berger’s appointment, national executive director Jay D. Roth said, “With his labor relations experience, he will be an excellent representative and advocate for our East Coast members, particularly in advance of major contract negotiations next year.”
Prior to joining the DGA, Berger worked as a field attorney at the National Labor Relations Board in New York, where he investigated and litigated unfair labor practice charges and conducted representation hearings and elections.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!