Michael Biehn Leads Cast of 'Severed Connection'
The "Aliens" and "Grindhouse" actor is reteaming with UFC’s Krzysztof Soszynski, Nick Bateman and karate expert Cody Hackman after an earlier star turn in the MMA drama "Tapped."
TORONTO - Michael Biehn will topline Severed Connection, a Canadian horror thriller from Rob Freeman and Cody Hackman's newly launched film production shingle Hackybox Pictures.
Severed Connection, which revolves around a man and woman who wake up to find themselves trapped in a remote location, also will star Jennifer Blanc, UFC’s Krzysztof Soszynski, Nick Bateman (Hobo With a Shotgun) and Hackman, a karate expert.
The picture is based on a story by Bateman and Hackman, who earlier starred along with Biehn and Soszynski in Tapped, a Canadian action drama about a disgruntled teenager with a troubled past who enters an MMA tournament to face the man who killed his parents.
Hackybox Pictures also is producing Gridlocked from writer-director Allan Ungar.
There is no word yet on casting for the action drama about a former SWAT team leader and the arrogant movie star shadowing him.
Ungar directed Tapped, which also starred Martin Kove (The Karate Kid) and UFC stars Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida.
Both Severed Connection and Gridlocked are due for release in 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR