Michael Buble, Zynga Partner for CityVille Integration
The integration will bring together the number one game on Facebook with the singer who has topped the Billboard album charts as of late.
NEW YORK - Ahead of its IPO, which is scheduled to see its stock starting to trade on Friday, social gaming giant Zynga said Wednesday that its biggest game, CityVille, will run an integration with singer Michael Buble just in time for the holiday season.
Launching next week, the partnership will bring together the number one game on Facebook with Buble who has had the number one Billboard album with Christmas. CityVille, which started in early Dec. 2010, has more than 49 million monthly players, according to AppData.com.
For about a week, CityVille players will be able to mingle with the singer's avatar, party with Buble’s band as part of a holiday bonfire, complete such quests as collecting a Segway, a turntable, sushi, hockey stick and atie, and view an exclusive video from the music star.
Financial details weren't disclosed. Zynga executives have typically emphasized that integrations must may sense to its players and the partner.
The partnership is latest integration between Zynga, which also has such games as Mafia Wars and FrontierVille, with entertainment stars or companies.
Earlier this year, players of Zynga's FarmVille got to enjoy GagaVille and unlock exclusive songs from Lady Gaga’s album Born This Way. Also in the music space, the King of Pop moonwalked into a game to promote the Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour by Cirque du Soleil. Plus, CityVille recently teamed up with Enrique Iglesias to promote his concert tour.
"When we thought about the holiday season and music, Michael Buble was a natural fit in terms of popularity and audience. There is a great overlap" in the fan bases of Buble and CityVille, said Scott Koenigsberg, general manager of CityVille. "He appeals to a wide range of people across age groups. And we also have a very broad range of ages, both men and women, and a really international audience - like him."
Added Koenigsberg: "This partnership is perfect with the holiday theme that we have on CityVille now, so players will enjoy it."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park