Michael Caine to Receive Munich Film Festival CineMerit Award
The Oscar-winning actor will receive the lifetime achievement honor at the German festival July 1.
BERLIN – Oscar winning actor Michael Caine will receive this year's CineMerit Award, the lifetime achievement honor of the Munich International Film Festival.
Caine, who received an Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance in Lasse Hallstrom's The Cider House Rules (1999)
will accept the honor in person in Munich on July 1.
Munich will also screen an homage to the British actor, presenting five of his films, including the latest, Mr Morgan's Last Love, directed by German filmmaker Sandra Nettlebeck (Bella Martha). The Munich fest will also screen three Caine classics: Hannah And Her Sisters (1986) from Woody Allen, The Man Who Would Be King (1975) from John Huston and the original Get Carter (1971) from director Mike Hodges.
Director Sherry Hormann, whose latest feature is the true life kidnapping drama 3096 Days, will present Caine with the award.
Previous winners of Munich's CineMerit honor include actors John Malkovich and Julie Christie and directors such as Barry Levinson and Milos Forman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game