Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquistions Nabs Rights to Juno Temple-Michael Cera Thriller
Emily Browning will also star in the Sebastian Silvia-directed project.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has preemptively picked up the domestic rights to Sebastian Silva’s untitled thriller that will star Michael Cera, Juno Temple and Emily Browning.
SPWA has also picked up the media rights to Latin America, Scandinavia, South Africa, Eastern Europe for the movie, which will shoot this spring in Chile. Maria Full of Grace star Catalina Sandino Moreno also is in the cast.
Silva is best known for The Maid, which won the the Grand Jury prize at Sundance and was nominated for best foreign film at the Golden Globes.
He wrote and is directing the new film, which is described by SPWA as telling “the chilling story of a young American woman (Temple), vacationing with her friends in a remote part of Chile, who begins to mentally unravel and enters into a world of disturbing landscapes and crushing terror.”
The Exchange is selling all international territories of the film along with Marina Fuentes of 6 Sales.
Producing the movie are Braven Film’s Frida Torresblanco (Pan’s Labyrinth), Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and Mike White and David Bernad of Rip Cord Productions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR