Michael Chabon Sets Up 'Hobgoblin' Drama at HBO
The project centers on a group of magicians and con men who use their skills at deception to battle Hitler and his forces during WWII.
HBO is getting into the business of magicians, con men and, yes, Hitler.
Michael Chabon and his wife, Ayelet Waldman, have set up the drama project, tentatively titled Hobgoblin, at HBO. The potential series centers on a group of magicians and con men who use their skills at deception to battle Hitler and his forces during World War II.
Le Grisbi Production’s John Lesher and Adam Kassan will serve as executive producers, with authors Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Yiddish Policemen’s Union) and Waldman (Bad Mother, Love and Other Impossible Pursuits) set to co-write and executive produce.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama