Michael Chiklis to Release Debut Single
The star of ABC's "No Ordinary Family" recently formed a band and co-wrote a song inspired by Armed Forces serving in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
Michael Chiklis, singer?
That's right. The star of ABC's superhero-themed series No Ordinary Family is set to debut his first single with his newly formed band, the Michael Chiklis Band, on Tuesday.
Chiklis co-wrote the song, “’Til I Come Home," which was inspired by Armed Forces currently serving in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
The song is completely independent of any coming album and will be available on www.abc.com, iTunes and other digital providers.
“I have been a musician since childhood and have never really had the chance to pursue creating original music over the course of my career,” said Chiklis, who previously starred in FX's gritty cop drama The Shield. “MCB happened in such an organic way, through my lifelong friendship with Bob Pascarella, and we're having so much fun making music again that we truly hope people enjoy it so we'll have a good excuse to keep doing it!”
The band, formed around Christmas, consists of vocalist/percussionist Chiklis, guitarist/keyboardist Pascarella, bassist Danny Rowe and pianist/backing vocalist Amanda Carr.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills