Michael Chiklis starring in 'Family' pilot
ABC drama hails from Greg Berlanti
From a supercop to a superdad: "The Shield" star Michael Chiklis is set to topline Greg Berlanti's ABC drama pilot "No Ordinary Family."
"Family," from ABC Studios, centers on an American family whose members have special abilities. Chiklis, who has experience playing a superhero from his turn in the "Fantastic Four" movie franchise, will play the father.
Berlanti penned the project with Jon Feldman; the duo worked together on ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money."
Chiklis, who won an Emmy for his role as rogue Detective Vic Mackey on FX's "The Shield," was in demand this pilot season, fielding multiple offers both on the drama and comedy side.
He co-stars in the indie feature "High School," which premiered at Sundance.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills