Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Separate (Report)
The Hollywood couple is taking some time apart, according to People magazine.
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are taking some time apart, People reports.
However, neither star has filed for divorce or moved toward a legal separation, sources tell the magazine.
"They're taking a break," a source tells People.
The A-List couple, who began dating in 1999 and wed in November 2000, have two children together, Dylan Michael, 13, and Carys Zeta, 10.
Douglas has dealt with serious health issues in recent years. He was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer in 2010 and underwent rounds of radiation and chemotherapy. The actor has said he is now cancer-free.
Meanwhile, Jones has been undergoing treatment for bipolar disorder, and the actors' health issues have reportedly affected their relationship.
"The stress has taken a toll on their marriage," a friend told People.
Douglas and Jones, who have reportedly not been photographed together since April, decided to spend some time apart after he came back from the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Douglas recently starred in HBO's Liberace biopic Behind the Candelabra and next appears in CBS Films' Last Vegas with Morgan Freeman, Robert De Niro and Kevin Kline. Jones most recently starred in Summit's Red 2. The pair both appeared in Steven Soderbergh's 2000 film Traffic.
Douglas' rep declined to comment on the report. Zeta-Jones' rep has yet to respond to The Hollywood Reporter's request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram