Michael Douglas Diagnosed With Throat Tumor
Actor to undergo eight weeks of chemotherapy and radiation.
Michael Douglas is being treated for a tumor in his throat but is expected to make a full recovery, according to his doctors.
"I am very optimistic," Douglas said in a statement that first appeared on People.com.
The 65-year-old star and son of actor Kirk Douglas is to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy.
His spokesman would not say whether the tumor is cancerous, although it was reported as cancer by the New York Daily News website.
The spokesman did say Douglas is expected to be well enough to do promotion for the upcoming 20th Fox sequel, "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," which is due for release Sept. 24. Douglas reprises his role as Gordon Gekko and is also a producer on the movie, which is directed by Oliver Stone for Edward Pressman Productions.
Douglas has also completed an acting assignment in the movie "Haywire," for Relativity Media and Lionsgate, which is due for release in January 2011.
His spokesman said Douglas doesn't have any other movie work on tap in the near future. Douglas is married to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, with whom he has two children.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!