Michael Douglas 'Hopeful' About Beating Cancer
Says he's 'looking forward' to 'Wall Street' opening
Michael Douglas says he's staying strong during chemotherapy.
"I'm in the middle of my program, and it's going along fine," Douglas told People at a "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" press conference Sunday. "I'm very optimistic and hopeful right now."
The actor, who was diagnosed with throat cancer in August, says he's leaning on his family and strangers for support.
"My family has been very supportive. There's not a lot that anybody can do. You've just got to kind of do the program. But it's the world you [learn to] understand about cancer. You get to know cancer survivors, and the kind of support and outpouring I've been getting has just been amazing," he said.
Douglas added that he's "looking for a great opening night" when "Wall Street" -- which also stars Carey Mulligan and Shia LaBeouf -- opens this Friday.
Douglas praised LaBeouf, saying, "He carries the movie. I had to do that before and I know the responsibility, but Shia carries every scene."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!