Michael Douglas to Return to the Big Screen in 'Last Vegas'
The actor rejoins the CBS Films ensemble comedy after fighting off cancer.
After years in development, the CBS Films project Last Vegas is moving ahead, with Michael Douglas closing in on a deal to anchor the ensemble comedy.
Written by Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love) and directed by Jon Turteltaub, the story centers on a quartet of retired boomers who are called upon for a Las Vegas bachelor party by their friend, a ladies man who is finally settling down and marrying a woman half his age.
Douglas was loosely attached to the project three years ago but backed away when he was diagnosed with throat cancer in August 2010 and spent time battling the disease. He is now focusing on returning to the screen. In Last Vegas, Douglas plays a ladies man who is in denial about growing old.
Word of Douglas’ return has slowly been coming out as his health improves. Last month, Turteltaub told Showbiz411 that he was talking to Douglas. And Sunday, Douglas spoke with The Hartford Courant ahead of receiving an award from the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center and said he was starring in the movie along with Dustin Hoffman and Chirstopher Walken.
According to insiders, Hoffman is not involved because of scheduling issues and Walken’s deal, also due to scheduling, is uncertain. CBS Films is hoping to begin shooting Vegas in Las Vegas in the fall.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR