Michael Douglas' Ex-wife Diandra Loses Bid for 'Wall Street 2' Earnings
The actor says the split was finalized before contractual discussions for the sequel began.
A New York court has denied the ex-wife of Michael Douglas a second attempt to receive a half of the Oscar-winner’s earnings from Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps.
Justice Mathew Cooper ruled this week that Diandra Douglas would need to sue in California court, where the couple’s divorce was filed, reports The New York Post. The judge reiterated his original ruling from last year, which Diandra Douglas’ lawyers asked him to overturn.
Lawyers for Michael Douglas said they hoped this ruling would put the issue rest, while lawyers for his ex-wife said they would appeal. Michael Douglas insisted the couple's divorce was finalized before discussions for last year's Wall Street sequel began.
Diandra and Michael Douglas met at an inauguration party for President Jimmy Carter in 1977, and were married six weeks later. The former Mrs. Douglas filed for divorce in 1997, and it was finalized in 2000. She received an estimated $45 million settlement, in addition to houses in Beverly Hills and Majorca.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!