Michael Fassbender in Talks to Join Danny Boyle's 'Trance'
The edgy thriller is a remake of the 2003 British movie directed by Joe Ahearne.
Michael Fassbender is in talks to be the first actor to board Danny Boyle’s return to the land of edgy thriller, Trance.
The pic is remake of a 2003 British movie directed by Joe Ahearne and centers on an art heist. An assistant at an auction house masterminds the heist and teams up with a gang of thieves, but suffers a blow to the head and wakes up with amnesia. He is the only one who knows where the painting’s location is and after his continued failure to remember, the gang begins to suspect duplicity on his part and hire a female hypnotist to get into his brain.
If a deal is closed, Fassbender would play the shady leader of the gang who partners with the assistant.
Boyle is producing with Christian Colson and plans to shoot the film this fall, before tackling the the Summer Olympics in 2012. The filmmaker will edit after the Games.
Fassbender has found himself working non-stop since breaking out in Inglourious Basterds. He’ll be seen as Magneto in this summer’s X-Men: First Class and is currently shooting Prometheus, Ridley Scott’s maybe-it-is/maybe-it-isn’t Alien prequel.
He is repped by CAA and Troika.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game