Michael Gough Tribute: 'Batman' Michael Keaton Pays His Respects to 'My Alfred'
The "Batman" star tells THR about his "charming" co-star who died this week.
Batman and Batman Returns star Michael Keaton paid his respect to Michael Gough, the man who played loyal butler Alfred to his Bruce Wayne/Batman in two films.
“To Mick-my butler, my confidant, my friend, my Alfred," Keaton said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I love you. God bless."
The actor signed the note: "Michael (Mr. Wayne) Keaton.”
Gough had been sick for the past year and died this week, his agent told the BBC. He was surrounded by family at his home when he died. No cause was released.
Keaton referred to Gough as a "sweet and charming man."
Gough played the butler character, Alfred Pennyworth, in Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin with three different Batman actors -- Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR