Michael J. Fox Foundation Benefit Draws Kaley Cuoco, Ty Burrell
Max Greenfield and Colin Hanks were also among the stars attending the Raising the Bar to End Parkinson's fundraiser.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research raised $200,000 on Wednesday as stars came out to eat, drink, mingle and pay tribute to one of television's biggest icons.
Though the actor wasn't in attendance, the event, Raising the Bar to End Parkinson's, benefited his foundation and raised a total $100,000 from donations. That amount was then matched dollar-for-dollar thanks to the Brin Wojcicki Challenge launched by Google co-founder Sergey Brin and Anne Wojcicki.
Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory), Ty Burrell (Modern Family), Max Greenfield (New Girl), Colin Hanks (Dexter), Sarah Drew (Grey's Anatomy) and Nelsan Ellis (True Blood) were among the stars who came out to honor Michael J. Fox's cause. The actor's foundation has raised $304 million for Parkinson's research since its 2000 launch.
American Idol's Casey Abrams also performed at the benefit with his stand-up bass and guitar. Guests mingled with drinks and hors d’oeuvres at Public School 310, the new Culver City gastropub from local restaurateur Bob Spivak and executive chef Phil Kastel. It served as a preview for the venue, which opens for business Dec. 10.
The Rothman Brecher Kim Agency's Andrea Kavoosi, an event committee organizer, spoke to the packed house and brought her father, who has Parkinson's. Miranda Lanzillotti of the Michael J. Fox Foundation also gave a speech and introduced musical performer Abrams.
The other event committee organizers included Jacob Fenton of UTA, Dianna Mannheim of Sony Pictures Entertainment, TV writer Justin Sternberg and Melanie Frankel of USA, who also is a member of The Hollywood Reporter's Next Gen Class of 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'