New Michael Jackson Album Projected to Sell 400K in First Week
‘Michael’ is due out Dec. 14, first single with Akon ‘Hold My Hand’ dropping Monday.
The initial U.S. shipment of Michael Jackson's Michael, due Dec. 14 on Epic Records, is 900,000, according to retail sources. Sony is projecting first-week CD sales of 340,000 and digital album sales of 60,000. That projection is similar to debut-week sales of Jackson's album This Is It, though that album had the marketing strength of a major motion picuture behind it. This Is It sold 373,000 units in its first week and has sold 1.6 million units since its release in October 2009, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR