Michael Jackson Fans Petition to Force Discovery Not to Air Autopsy Reenactment
A group calls the special, due to air next month in the U.K., "an affront to human dignity."
Michael Jackson fans have launched a petition to keep the Discovery Channel from airing Michael Jackson's Autopsy: What Really Killed Michael Jackson next month in the U.K.
The MJ Justice Project and MJ Children group has received about 1,500 signatures so far, short of its goal of 50,000 to keep what is being desired as a gruesome reenactment off the air.
"Like any other human being on this earth, Michael Jackson is entitled to a minimum of decency and respect," the petition reads. "We ask the directors of the Discovery Channel programming to proceed with the outright cancellation of this indecent documentary, detrimental to both the person and his family and loved ones."
The group calls the special "an affront to human dignity," and says, "This type of sensational and unscrupulous reporting can only cause harm."
Jackson's posthumous album, Michael, is due in stores Tuesday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay