'Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon' Trailer Hits the Web (Video)
The documentary, set for home video release Nov. 1, features interviews with family members and recording artists including Smokey Jackson, Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston.
Universal Studios on Thursday debuted the trailer for its upcoming documentary on the life and death of Michael Jackson.
Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon, which is set for release on DVD and Blu-ray on Nov. 1 in the U.S. (Oct. 31 in the U.K.), features interviews with the late pop star's mother, Katherine; brother Tito; sister Rebbie; fellow recording artists including Smokey Jackson, Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston; and concert promoter David Gest, who produced.
The trailer starts out with a 911 call placed on the day of Jackson's death -- June 25, 2009 -- and features footage of him with the Jackson 5, his sexual abuse trial (he was acquitted), the singer in performance during his solo career and fans placing flowers outside Jackson's home after his death.
"I never lost a child," Katherine Jackson says in the trailer. "Children are supposed to bury their parents, not parents burying children."
The suggested price for the Blu-ray is $26.99, but preorders are being offered on Amazon for $18.99. The doc runs 157 minutes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack