Michael Jackson Trial App Tops Apple Charts
The 99-cent app provides daily highlights, analysis and timelines of Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial.
The "Michael Jackson Doctor Trial" smartphone app is the No. 1 seller among the Apple store's paid news apps. Launched Monday, the 99-cent app offers daily highlights, analysis and timelines of Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial, which started Tuesday.
The app is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android phones and tablets, and is the creation of Fox Television Stations Inc. The content is produced by Los Angeles Fox affiliate KTTV.
Fox Television Stations' VP of digital news applications Jose Rios told TVNewsCheck, "What you can do now is carry the courtroom with you." Rios added that the app is the only one on the market that will provide live, continual coverage of the trial to mobile devices.
Prosecutors allege that Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, was negligent and caused the singer's death on June 25, 2009. Murray's defense team contends that Jackson took an extra dose of anesthetic while the doctor was in the bathroom.
The trial is the subject of across-the-board coverage on HLN, with Murray-related programming included in all HNL shows, including Morning Express with Robin Meade, Showbiz Tonight and Nancy Grace.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR