Michael Jackson's Dermatologist Might Have Outed Himself as Prince Jackson's Father
UPDATED: A rep denies Arnold Klein made a Facebook post comparing an old photo of him with Michael Joseph Jackson; the post has since been deleted from his Facebook timeline.
Did Arnold Klein just out himself as the father of Michael Jackson's son?
The Hollywood dermatologist and professor at UCLA's David Geffen School of Medicine updated his Facebook page Wednesday with an intriguing new status: a photo of himself overlaid with an image of Michael Joseph Jackson (nicknamed Prince), the late music legend's eldest child. Klein wrote the word "hmmmmm" above the photos of the pair, who appear to share a facial resemblance.
Prince was born Feb. 13, 1997 to Jackson and the singer's ex-wife, Debbie Rowe. His sister, Paris Jackson, arrived a year later. When the couple divorced in 1999, Rowe handed over custody of Prince and Paris to Jackson. An anonymous surrogate mother gave birth to the kids' younger brother, Prince Michael II (or "Blanket"), in February 2002.
Jackson, who died in 2009, had said that he's the biological father of the children.
Klein was Jackson's dermatologist; speculation has been swirling for years over his relationship to Prince and Paris and whether they are actually his children. Klein previously has denied that he's the father.
A representative for Klein "that was not Dr. Klein's post, and he removed it." The post is now missing from Klein's timeline.
An attorney for Katherine Jackson, the kids' grandmother and co-guardian with their cousin TJ Jackson, declined comment.
According to a recent Klein profile in Vanity Fair, Rowe was Klein's medical assistant; she confirmed after Jackson's death that Prince and Paris were conceived artificially but never has spoken publicly about whether Klein is the father.
In a January 2012 interview with The New York Times, Klein's close friend, actress Carrie Fisher, had this response when asked about the paternity rumors: "I don’t talk about it with Arnie, but it has never made sense to me. Why would Michael pay Debbie Rowe $6 million for a child that wasn’t his? But I have said to Arnie, 'Please don’t say you’re the father anymore.' "
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game