Michael Jackson's Singles Record in Jeopardy With Katy Perry Hot on Trail
"Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" may be the fifth No. 1 single from the "Teenage Dream" album, which would make her the first musical artist to do so since Jackson did it in the late 1980s.
Michael Jackson's singles record may be in jeopardy.
Katy Perry's fifth single "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" from the Teenage Dream album is making its way to the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. The song shot up substantially from the previous week and currently sits in the top five.
If Perry's "Last Friday Night" does top the singles chart, she will be the first musical artist (male or female) to do so since Jackson did with five No. 1 singles from the Bad LP in 1987 and 1988, MTV reports.
Perry has had four No. 1 singles from Teenage Dream: "California Gurls," "Teenage Dream," "Firework" and "E.T." "Teenage Dream" was performed on Fox's Glee in the second season. Jackson's five No. 1s from the Bad album included "Bad," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Man in the Mirror," "Dirty Diana" and "I Just Can't Stop Loving You."
In addition, Perry's "T.G.I.F." sits at No. 1 on Billboard's Digital Songs list and could be the sixth song to surpass 4 million in digital sales.
Watch Perry's "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" music video:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR