Michael Jackson's Children Take the Stage at Tribute Concert
Daughter Paris donned a red "Thriller"-style jacket for the event.
Despite a riff in the Jackson family surrounding the Michael Jackson tribute concert in Cardiff, Wales, the late singer's three children honored their father in front of a packed house.
"We're very happy to be here on this special night to honor our father," said 13-year-old Paris. Jackson's only daughter appeared on-stage for a brief moment, along with brothers Prince, 14 and Michael Joseph Jr. aka "Blanket," 9, according to the Reuters.
Each child wore an outfit reflective of Michael's infamous styles. Paris donned a red "Thriller"-style jacket and black glove on her right hand, while Prince wore a black leather jacket paired with a white t-shirt. Blanket stood shy on stage, wearing a black suit and tie with a red shirt and arm band.
At the end of the evening, the three children joined other family members to dance on stage, dancing to the tune of "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough."
The show has been marred with criticism due to its unfortunate timing, as Dr. Conrad Murray currently stands trial facing involuntary manslaughter charges in relation to Michael's death.
"They [the fans] have a right to [protest]," Marlon said backstage. "I think they have the right to do whatever they feel, but we're celebrating the positive side of our brother's life."
"Michael Forever," which featured performances by Ne-Yo, Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight and Beyonce (via satellite), was received to mixed reactions. Many fans were thrilled by the offering, while others deemed the numbers "under-rehearsed."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!