Michael MacMillan's Blue Ant Media Buys Cottage Life Media
The former Alliance Atlantis Communications head is back buying Canadian media assets, this time four consumer magazines and their websites.
TORONTO – Michael MacMillan’s Blue Ant Media is back on the acquisition trail, this time buying magazine publisher Cottage Life Media.
The former Alliance Atlantis Communications topper last year bought a minority stake in Quarto Communications, before it was rebranded as Cottage Life Media.
Now MacMillan's broadcast group has bought out company founder president and CEO Al Zikovitz for an undisclosed price.
Zikovitz will remain with Cottage Life Media, running its four magazines – Cottage Life, Cottage, Outdoor Canada, Canadian Home Workshop, and related websites.
Blue Ant Media, which is backed by major investors like newspaper publisher Torstar Corp., already owns and runs cable channels like Travel+Escape, Bite TV, AUX TV and the premium channels Oasis HD, HIFI, eqHD and radX.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack