Michael McKean Released From Hospital After Car Accident
The actor, who suffered a broken leg last week, will miss the rest of his Broadway run in Gore Vidal's "The Best Man."
A week after getting hit by a car, Michael McKean has been released from one New York City hospital and transferred to another for rehabilitation.
Last Tuesday, the actor was walking on a sidewalk in New York City's Upper Wast Side neighborhood when he was struck by the car, breaking his leg. He had surgery the next day.
On Wednesday, McKean checked out of St. Luke's Hospital and into partner facility Roosevelt Hospital for "extensive rehabilitation," a St. Luke's spokesperson tells THR.
As a result, he will bow out of his starring Broadway role in Gore Vidal play The Best Man, missing the rest of its run.
"I am heading into week two with renewed admiration for New York City’s Emergency Medical Service staff, the NYPD, the staff of St. Luke's Hospital (where I was born!) and all those with problems much greater than my own," McKean said in a statement. "I am overwhelmed by the good wishes of friends old and new. My family has been wonderful. My wife Annette, whom I've always suspected of being a saint, has proven to be somewhat more than that."
McKean's prolific acting credits include the 1984 film This Is Spinal Tap and TV's The X-Files and Smallville.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother