Michael Moore Gets Slammed By Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Video)
The famous liberal incurred "The View" host's wrath while discussing whether Osama bin Laden should have been tried in court.
The gloves came off on Wednesday's The View.
Michael Moore was a guest on the show to promote his new book, Here Comes Trouble: Stories from My Life, but talk quickly turned to comments the documentarian has made about the war in Afghanistan and the killing of Osama bin Laden.
Conservative co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck took issue with Moore's opinion that bin Laden should have been tried in U.S. court.
"My point is that the way we show the world that we're different is that we give even the most heinous person their day in court," Moore said.
"You're telling me Osama bin Laden deserves a trial?" a visibly angered Hasselbeck shot back. "Where? In New York City? Absolutely not! How dare -- and why, because Casey Anthony's trial went so well?"
"What are we afraid of?" Moore responded, adding "We're Americans, man!"
But, The View co-host vehemently disagreed, saying "Our rights are not afforded to him!"
Joy Behar and Barbara Walters also got into the fray before Whoopi Goldberg threw to commercial.
Watch the full argument below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR