Michael Oesterlin Joins Tele Munchen Group
Former Alchemy Television, RHI Entertainment exec will head up all international sales activities at the German rights giant.
COLOGNE, Germany - Veteran international television sales exec Michael Oesterlin has signed on with German media giant Tele Munchen Group (TMG) as its new executive VP of international sales. Oesterlin, who has held senior sales posts at RHI Entertainment and Alchemy Television, will join TMG next month. He will report to TMG's managing director Dirk Schweizer, who himself just took up the job in April. TMG's head of sales, Carlos Hertel will report to Oesterlin.
The appointment is a further indication that TMG is looking to expand its international sales activities. The group holds international rights to several U.S. series, including CBS' auctioneer Flashpoint and Syfy's mystery series Haven. TMG has also stepped up its in-house production of English-language fare, recently delivering event mini-series Moby Dick starring William Hurt and Ethan Hawke and joining UK shingle Brilliant Films for the Agatha Christie adaptation Crooked House, which Neil LaBute is set to direct from a script by Oscar winner Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR