Michael Shannon Joins Andrew Garfield in Drama '99 Homes' (Exclusive)
Ramin Bahrani wrote the script and will direct the indie, which tackles recent economic headlines.
Michael Shannon will star opposite Andrew Garfield in 99 Homes, an indie drama being directed by Ramin Bahrani, the award-winning filmmaker behind Man Push Cart.
The script, which Bahrani wrote, tackles recent economic headlines and sees Garfield play a man who loses his home to foreclosure. Desperate, he eventually finds work with the manipulative real estate broker who took his house.
Shannon will play the broker, who profits from Garfield’s misery and entices him into schemes to embezzle money from the government.
Kevin Turen and Justin Nappi of Treehouse Pictures are producing. The company's Juliet Berman is also involved.
Shannon co-starred as Zod in this summer's Superman movie, Man of Steel, and won praise for his performance in The Iceman. He is wrapping up stage work at Chicago's A Red Orchid Theatre, where he is performing in Simpatico, and stars in season four of HBO's acclaimed drama Boardwalk Empire.
Shannon is repped by CAA, Wetzel Entertainment and attorney David Krintzman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws