Michael Vick Cancels Appearance on Oprah Show, Cites 'Personal Reasons'
"I admire and respect Oprah and hope to be able to participate in an interview in the future," says the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback in a statement.
Michael Vick has canceled his appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
"Michael Vick was scheduled to be a guest on The Oprah Winfrey show for an episode airing next Thursday, February. Mr. Vick's representative called last night to cancel his appearance for personal reasons," Harpo Productions spokesperson Don Halcombe said in a statement.
The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback said in a statement: "After careful consideration, I will need to postpone the taping of the Oprah Winfrey interview scheduled for February 22. I admire and respect Oprah and hope to be able to participate in an interview in the future."
Vick missed two seasons of football while he served 18 months in prison for running a dogfighting ring. He was due to talk about that, his work with the Humane Society and returning to the NFL on Oprah.
Oprah Winfrey and Piers Morgan had made a $300 bet about who would land the first major interview with Vick. Oprah pulled out of the bet, and then it became known that Vick couldn't appear to endorse betting per conditions of his parole.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress