Michael Williams Joins Strand as VP Theatrical Sales and Acquisitions
For the exec, who worked for the Landmark Theatres chain earlier in is career, the move marks a return to the indie world.
Michael Williams has joined Strand Releasing, the Culver City-based independent film distributor, as vp theatrical sales and acquisitions, Strand co-presidents Jon Gerrans and Marcus Hu said Wednesday.
Williams most recently worked as a marketing and production consultant to the Disney Channel, producing exclusive programming to promote Disney and Marvel Studios theatrical and home entertainment releases. Prior to that, he worked for Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment in the production and localization of programming for Disney Channel worldwide and oversaw strategic third-party partnerships globally. Before that, Williams was the studio’s director of field marketing, overseeing local agencies across the U.S. and Canada in the publicity and promotion of their titles.
Prior to his tenure at Disney, Williams spent 14 years in the indie film world, holding marketing and publicity roles at the Landmark Theatres chain.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Mike to the team and hope his long term relationships in the industry flourish,” Gerrans said. Added Hu: “Mike has been a longtime friend and colleague, one that I respect tremendously. I am very happy to have him join our family."
Strand’s upcoming slate includes Ballplayer: Pelotero, an insider’s look at Major League Baseball’s recruiting efforts in the Dominican Republic; Bonsai, a film about sex, lies and literature; Oslo, August 31st, the story of a recovering drug addict; and Unforgivable, Andre Techine’s tale of the relationships among friends, lovers and family.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws