Michel Gondry’s ‘The Foam Of The Days’ Gets Euroimages Backing
The French drama features Audrey Tautou and “Intouchables” star Omar Sy.
BERLIN – The Foam Of The Days, Michel Gondry’s first French-language drama, has picked up $850,000 (€650,000) in backing in the latest round of funding from Euroimages.
The Foam Of The Days features Audrey Tautou, Romain Duris and Omar Sy, the star of French comedy hit The Intouchables. The feature has a typically quirky Gondry premise: Tautou plays a woman struck by a strange illness caused by a water lilly growing in her lungs. The only way her husband (Duris) can help her is to surround her with flowers, a treatment that threatens to bankrupt him.
Other projects benefiting from Euroimages’ largess in this latest round of funding include Epic, the new feature from Polish director Pawel Pawlikowski (My Summer of Love) and Grenade, from Norway’s Erik Poppe (Troubled Water), both of which received $718,000 (€550,000) in production financing.
The Euroimages program backs European cross-border co-productions in the form of loans towards their production budget. Since its launch in 1988, Eurimages has bankrolled nearly 1,500 features with more than $500 million in financing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR