Michele Placido to Chair Italy's Ischia Film & Music Fest
The 11-year-old island festival was chaired in 2012 by producers Rick Nicita and Paula Wagner.
ROME -- Italian actor and director Michele Placido will be chairman of the 11th edition of the Ischia Global Film & Music Fest, organizers said Tuesday.
The festival, which takes place on the picturesque island of Ischia, off the coast of Naples, was chaired a year ago by Hollywood producers Rick Nicita and Paula Wagner. The event takes place this year from July 13-21.
Also on tap in Ischia this year is a special social forum on poverty to be hosted by Italian director Mimmo Calopresti, organizers said.
The 66-year-old Placido, best known as a director for the 2005 crime thriller Romanzo Criminale (Kings of Crime), has also acted in films by some of Italy’s best known directors, including Oscar-winner Giuseppe Tornatore and Cannes regular Nanni Moretti.
Placido is the father of actress Violante Placido, and was previously married to Simonetta Stefanelli, best known as the actress who played the Sicilian wife of Al Pacino’s character in Francis Ford Coppola’s classic The Godfather.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR