Michelle Rodriguez: 'Avatar 2' Will Be Set Underwater
James Cameron's most recent movie, Sanctum 3-D, takes place in underwater caves.
Avatar 2 will be set underwater, actress Michelle Rodriguez, who starred in the first film, tells the Associated Press.
Rodriguez, who played a combat pilot in Avatar (which has earned more than $2 billion worldwide), is unsure if she'll be cast in the sequel, due to hit theaters in 2014 by 20th Century Fox. But she hopes creator James Cameron will involve her somehow, even if just inviting her to the set to watch filming. (Cameron has said characters who survived the first "get to be in the second film, at least in some form.")
He has hinted that the follow-up films could take place on another planet in the same solar system as Pandora, the forest in which the first took place. He has also brought up the possibility of involving the planet's oceans.
Cameron recently released underwater cave adventure Sanctum 3-D.
Rodriguez next plays an Air Force sergeant in Battle: Los Angeles, which will be released in theaters March 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game