Michelle Williams Brings a 'Heat Wave' to 'My Week With Marilyn' (Video)
The latest clip from the upcoming Monroe biopic features Williams channeling the starlet with song and dance.
The Weinstein Company's Marilyn Monroe biopic, My Week With Marilyn, arrives in theaters Nov. 23.
And before the official release, the promos are clearly playing up star Michelle Williams' obvious knack for stepping into the famous actress' shoes.
The latest clip, first posted by Moviefone, features Williams in full Monroe regalia, singing and dancing to the Irving Berlin standard "Heat Wave."
Monroe most famously performed "Heat Wave" in There's No Business Like Show Business, where she took a vaudevillian stage decked out in a Caribbean motif.
My Week With Marilyn finds Monroe in a slightly different scenario, with Williams darting across a stage in a sheer dress with two polo-clad dancers.
The film, which also stars Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Redmayne and Judi Dench, follows a moment in the starlet's life where she briefly escaped production of The Prince and the Showgirl to spend a week in the English countryside with the film's third assistant director.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR