Michelle Williams: What's Next For The 'My Week With Marilyn' Actress
The star of the upcoming Monroe biopic will be channeling another iconic character in the near future.
Michelle Williams has consistently received praise for her on-scrren portrayals. She has twice been nominated for a best actress Oscar both for her performance in 2005's Brokeback Mountain and again in 2011 for Blue Valentine.
Now, the actress is again receiving buzz, this time for embodying one of her contemporaries: Marilyn Monroe.
"I wish that I could play her for the rest of my life," Williams said in a recent interview of playing the character in Simon Curtis' My Week with Marilyn, opening Nov. 4. For the part, she emulated not only the actress' look (sporting both the iconic bleached blonde bob and curvaceous silhouette), but she also mimicked Monroe's walk, speech and posture.
Following that ambitious role, Williams will be taking on another character deeply engrained in American culture: Glinda the good witch in Sam Raimi's The Wizard of Oz remake: Oz: The Great and Powerful.
And, though the film isn't due in theaters until March of 2013, Williams is already hard at work with co-stars James Franco (Oz), Rachel Weisz and Mila Kunis (who both play evil witches in the film). And she's relishing the drama-free character.
"I think I'd forgotten somewhere along the line that work could be fun, and this is really fun," she said. "It's much nicer to exist in the space of a good witch who grants wishes and tries to help people than in the space of a human mess, like pretty much all the characters I play.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!