Mick Jagger to Perform With Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, Jeff Beck on 'SNL' This Weekend
The Stones frontman will sing as well as host, but don't expect a performance by the group he has led for a half-century.
Saturday Night Live has set the stage for its season finale this weekend -- and a star-studded stage it’ll be: Host Mick Jagger will perform with Foo Fighters, Jeff Beck and Arcade Fire live from New York on Saturday.
There had been rumors -- perhaps just hopeful speculation -- that the NBC late-night staple might be setting for the first public performance by The Rolling Stones since their marathon A Bigger Bang tour ended in August 2007. The group is marking its 50th anniversary this year and has been rehearsing recently, but Keith Richards says he won’t be joining his bandmate on the show.
“I spoke to Mick, and he said it’s something that he said yes to many months ago, so he’s just doing it,” Richards told Rolling Stone. “He’s on his own.”
It will mark Jagger’s first time hosting SNL, though he has performed on the show twice before, including the Season 4 premiere in 1978. Check out a clip of the 35-year-old and the Stones rehearsing for that gig in support of the Some Girls LP.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR