Mickey Rooney Granted Restraining Order Against Abusive Stepson
Mickey Rooney has been granted a temporary restraining order against his stepson Chris Aber, who according to court documents filed on behalf of the actor, has been financially and verbally abusing him in addition to denying him medication and food.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz appointed a temporary conservator for the 90-year-old actor on Monday, and included Aber's wife Christina in the order to avoid contact with Rooney until at least Feb. 24 when another hearing on the matter will be held.
Rooney said in a statement, "All I want to do is live a peaceful life, to regain my life and be happy. I pray to God each day to protect us, help us endure, and guide those other senior citizens who are also suffering."
Rooney accuses Aber of making him "a prisoner in his own home" by taking control of his finances, appearance schedule and constantly threatening him.
Rooney was featured in The Hollywood Reporter's 80th anniversary Legends of Hollywood special.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR