Middle East to Get a Taste of Fine Living
Scripps Networks International and Middle Eastern pay TV operator OSN to roll out the U.S. lifestyle channel across the region from Jan 2013.
LONDON – U.S. lifestyle channel Fine Living has inked a carriage deal with the Middle Eastern direct-to-home platform OSN for carriage across the region.
Scripps Networks International said Fine Living will launch Jan. 1, 2013 on the platform making the channel available in all 26 OSN territories throughout the Middle East region.
Fine Living will be offered in English with Arabic subtitles and carry the channel's output of in-home design, travel, cuisine and personal style programming to the region as part of OSN's basic tier package.
"We are very pleased that Fine Living will soon join the already carried Food Network on the OSN platform," said Scripps EMEA managing director Jon Sichel. "We look forward to expanding our distribution relationship with OSN and continuing our success."
From cooking legend Giada De Laurentiis to Vern Yip, home designer, Fine Living's lineup includes chefs, designers, fashion gurus and lifestyle experts from around the world on shows about modern living and design.
OSN vp, business development, strategy and digital Emad Morcos added: "Fine Living will complement our existing line-up addressing the high demand for more women oriented and lifestyle programming in the region. As we continue to grow and analyze customer preferences, we will continue to bring on board fresh content that satisfies all customer segments. Food Network has been a fantastic success and I am confident, Middle East subscribers will enjoy Fine Living which will be exclusive to OSN."
The deal was brokered by Louise Cottrell for Fine Living's distribution partner, Chello Zone.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead