Middle East Pay-TV Group OSN to Carry Sundance Channel
AMC/Sundance Channel Global inks a deal that will see series such as “Rectify” broadcast across the Middle East and North Africa.
Dubai-based pay-TV group OSN has signed a deal with AMC/Sundance Channel Global to launch a regional version of the Sundance Channel for the Middle East and North Africa.
The Sundance Channel HD will launch on OSN Wednesday and will carry the brand's trademark mix of independent films and TV series, many taken from the Sundance networks in the U.S..
The programming, which will be available in the original language with Arabic subtitling, will include series such as Rectify and a film strand called "10 Days of Sundance" that will feature highlights from last year's Sundance fest, including such titles as Computer Chess and The Meteor.
Bruce Tuchman, president of AMC/Sundance Channel Global, announced the deal on Tuesday. Marco Frazier, vp global distribution EMEA, assisted in brokering the the agreement on behalf of AMC/Sundance Channel Global.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David